Sweet Treats: Decadent Brownies
Brownies…the ultimate baked chocolate dessert to satisfy those chocolate cravings. They can be fudgy or cakey, dotted with chocolate chunks and nuts or swirled with caramel, but there is no denying the decadence of biting into a luscious chocolatey brownie.
A perfect brownie is the ultimate comfort food that soothes your soul and satisfies your tastebuds. My absolute favorite brownie recipe is outlined below. It’s bursting with chocolatey goodness from the batter to the half melted chocolate chunks baked into the batter. It’s best served warm or at room temperature with an ice-cold glass of milk.
The Ultimate Brownie Recipe
- 1 and 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter
- 12 ounces chocolate (chunks, chips or baking chocolate)
- 4 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp coffee essence (or 2 tsp instant coffee powder)
- 2 cups of chocolate chips/chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease or line a large baking dish (15″ x 10″)
- Use a saucepan to melt butter over medium heat
- Add the 12 ounces of chocolate to the melted butter and stir until melted. remove from heat.
- Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla and coffee until smooth and then slowly add the melted butter & chocolate mixture while continuing to stir.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth (do not overmix.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks (you can also add nuts if you prefer)
- Spread batter evenly in the baking dish.
- Bake 30-40 minutes (until a toothpick inserted comes out clean)
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.